What is PR? What is the function in the field of PR business? How do businesses implement PR? These are still questions that are asked a lot by the community. If you are wanting to understand more about PR, want to learn about PR knowledge to apply it in practice. You are trying to distinguish PR from other forms of advertising to avoid confusion. Then invite readers to learn with us through the article below.
Surely many people have also heard of the concept of PR but still do not understand what PR is. PR stands for the English word “Public Relation”.
So what is PR – what is public relations? Public relations is the act of an organization, agency or enterprise actively managing its community relations. It can be understood simply as the way they create good relationships with stakeholders or bring profits to the business. Thereby in order to build and maintain a beautiful and positive image for the organization.
The purpose of Public Relation is to inform the public of its values and make that positive attitude more sustainable. The public here can be investors, potential customers, partners, press, media,…
|PR is an indispensable function of a business
What’s the difference between advertising and PR?
However, many people misunderstand PR as advertising and have prejudice against this form. In fact, advertising is a completely different concept from PR. So what is the difference between advertising and PR?
- PR is about building two-way affection. Advertising is a form from the business side.
- The main purpose of PR is to create lasting relationships. Advertising is product introduction.
- PR benefits both sides. Ads create habits of customer behavior.
- PR targets a wide range of audiences (related to businesses). Ads are targeted at customers only.
- PR includes many activities. Promote only one activity.
Through the above information, you probably already understand what part of PR is, right? However, PR still has many other aspects. invite readers to follow along.
What are the pros and cons in Marketing of PR?
In this day and age where goods are developed, it will be difficult for users to decide which product to use? Of which brand? That’s why companies are trying to reach and attract customers.
In which PR is an essential method, greatly affecting the success or failure of the company. This is because of the outstanding advantages and PR brought.
What is the advantage of PR?
PR is a very important activity of every business. Almost all organizations are interested in building a team of professional PR staff. Because PR brings the following benefits:
- Objective, close, gaining the trust of customers
- Lower PR costs
- Based on the ability to communicate and create relationships of leaders and employees
- Reach of Big PR
- Motivating employees
- Target to specific target segments, create deep interest, easy to reach
- Strong impact on customer perception, emotion, behavior
- Directing customers to receive information in a sure, sustainable and long-term way. Instead of directing customers to act according to habits like advertising
- Building a beautiful corporate image in the eyes of the public, the community
- Create loyal customers
- Effectiveness outweighs the cost
- A very effective competitive weapon in the marketplace
|PR is a very familiar form for businesses
So what is the advantage of PR? You have the most complete and clear answer. It can be seen that PR is very familiar and it seems to exist in everyday life. Because of his great benefits.
What are the disadvantages of PR?
Besides the outstanding advantages, PR still has some disadvantages. Businesses are always looking for the best possible solution.
- The message is still not clear and there is no unity and close connection.
- Sometimes doing this poorly or short-sighted will be interpreted as advertising. And will be removed if the message is too ridiculous or meaningless.
- It is difficult to control in the mass media.
- Operations may encounter risks and unexpected situations. It is difficult to predict results or measure performance in advance.
The above are the shortcomings and limitations of the promotion aspects of PR. Businesses need to be properly aware of what PR means. From there, find the most optimal method possible.
What is the function of PR?
In terms of communication, PR is an indispensable tool. If used properly, rationally and effectively, PR will help a lot for the Marketing campaign. The type of PR is a means of communication for the marketing activities of the business.
PR exists in many different forms: Social networks, newspapers, online networks, social responsibility, media relations,… With the mission of creating prestige and trust of businesses in the hearts of customers. goods in the most durable way.
|PR is an effective means of branding
Not only that, but PR also helps protect businesses when facing difficulties and crises. There is no single metric that can measure the value of PR. Because its effectiveness is assessed by the affection that stakeholders have for the company.
What to do when PR?
PR is a very important job of every business. Without PR activities, it is difficult for businesses to achieve the desired results. PR people are responsible for applying all forms of communication, communication skills, means of communication to create, maintain and control the company’s reputation. A PR officer usually does the following jobs:
|PR is a vehicle for Marketing strategy
- Search, predict, analyze the community’s attitude towards brands, brand products
- Preparing, planning strategies: Strategies for using mass media. Strategies to support the company in campaigns. Strategy to influence, approach customers. Customer care strategy,…
- Interact, answer questions, handle customer complaints
- Write content for the web
- In charge of receiving, communicating, answering questions from other organizations, from the mass media (usually via email or phone number)
- Edit speeches, reports, internal journals,…
- Prepare, check, supervise the publication of flyers, promotional materials or promotional videos, gameshows, reality shows,…
- Organize exhibitions, press conferences, proms,…
- Manage, provide, update information on social networks (facebook, instagram, twitter,…), on google, web,…
- Finding suppliers, convincing them to choose their business
- Research and analysis of the market
- Research, capture the attitude of customers, competitors
- Perform customer care activities
- Crisis Management
What are PR types?
|PR covers a lot of different operations
It can be said that the work can encapsulate PR. The form of PR is extremely diverse. Not only depends on the operation process but also depends on the understanding of each company. But PR still has the following basic and popular forms:
This is one of the most powerful communication support tools. Its spread is extremely wide and its spreading speed is also extremely fast. Therefore, businesses are very interested in this medium. They will conduct in-depth research into the pros and cons of this form to serve their PR campaign.
Events are meaningful activities that are very interested by the media. Accordingly, the staff in charge will apply all knowledge and skills to plan and prepare for an event.
They will perform steps such as: Planning, preparing, assigning, supervising the arrangement, arranging programs. Besides, they also have to look for important factors that help an event and convince them to participate.
The PR house also has to manage the setup of the hall and the location of the event. For businesses, the goal of events is often to introduce products, widely propagate brand reputation, and attract investors. They aim to propagate meaningful messages, entering the hearts of consumers skillfully.
This form of sponsorship happens to be very common in today’s businesses. Especially sponsoring charities, non-profit facilities such as schools, hospitals,…
Companies often organize fundraising activities to support difficult situations. In addition, they can sponsor environmental organizations, projects that have a good impact on the society of students, …
The aim is to create meaningful activities for society. Because nowadays, public opinion is very concerned about the environment and life and they will give preference to reputable and noble-hearted organizations.
|The important role of PR in life
What is the process for building a perfect program in PR?
Any program must have a clear implementation process. This is to ensure efficiency and error-free. A PR program is usually carried out in the following steps
- Step 1. Determine what the goal of PR is
- Step 2. Determine what is the target audience when practicing PR
- Step 3. Set a Strategy for Every Goal
- Step 4. Define PR tactics
- Step 5. Set PR budget
- Step 6. What is the PR action plan?
- Step 7. Evaluate PR results
Just follow and learn carefully the 7 steps above and you are ready to give your program a good start. Every step is an important factor. So you cannot skip any step in the above process.
In an era where technology is leading like today, the PR factor in Digital Marketing is very concerned. This will be an advantage in reaching customers. Surely through the above sharing, readers also understand what PR is. If you have any problems or need answers, you can contact VSM – Digital Marketing via website: https://www.vsm.vn/. Thank you!