Note: Marketing is not an expense, but rather an investment that helps customers sell more products at higher prices.
Benefits of advertising on Google for customers:
Customers can achieve several benefits after implementing Google Ads advertising, including:
- Increase website traffic: Google Ads advertising helps customers quickly increase their website traffic by displaying ads to potential customers.
- Increase sales revenue: With increased website traffic, customers can boost their sales revenue by converting potential customers into actual customers.
- Cost-effective advertising: Google Ads advertising allows customers to set a daily budget and only pay when users click on the ads, helping customers save on advertising costs compared to other traditional advertising methods.
- Track advertising effectiveness: Google Ads provides various analytics and tracking tools to help customers gain a better understanding of their potential customers and accurately adjust their advertising strategies.
- Enhance brand recognition: Google Ads advertising helps customers increase their brand recognition across online channels and attract the attention of potential customers.
- Increase engagement: Google Ads advertising can be customized to increase customer engagement, including displaying review counts, star ratings, and customer locations on maps, attracting the attention of potential customers and enhancing interaction.
However, to achieve these benefits, customers need to invest time and effort in setting up and managing effective Google Ads campaigns.
Setting campaign goals:
Before starting to implement a Google Ads campaign, VSM needs to determine the goals of the campaign. The goals can be increasing sales, increasing website traffic, enhancing brand awareness, or other objectives.
- Increase website traffic: If the customer’s goal is to increase website traffic, VSM creates ads to invite customers to visit the customer’s website.
- Increase sales revenue: If the customer’s goal is to increase sales revenue, VSM creates ads to encourage customers to purchase the customer’s products or services.
- Enhance brand awareness: If the customer’s goal is to enhance brand awareness, VSM creates ads to promote the customer’s brand to potential customers.
- Increase customer engagement: If the customer’s goal is to increase customer engagement, VSM creates ads to encourage customers to interact with the customer’s website content or social media pages.
Determining the appropriate Google advertising format
Currently, Google Ads offers various advertising formats to meet the needs of promoting products and services for businesses. Here are some popular Google Ads advertising formats:
This is a type of advertisement that appears when users search for keywords on Google. Search ads are displayed at the top or bottom of the search engine results page.
Search Ads are a form of advertising on the Google platform that allows businesses to display their ads on the Google search results page (SERP) when users search for keywords related to their products or services. Here are some advantages and disadvantages of search advertising on the Google platform:
- High effectiveness: Search ads on the Google platform help businesses reach potential customers who are actively searching for the products or services they provide, thereby increasing the possibility of interaction and customer conversion.
- Precise targeting: Businesses can choose keywords related to their products or services to display ads to the right target audience.
- Flexible cost: Businesses can set their advertising budget and bid prices for keywords to manage their advertising costs.
- Effectiveness measurement: Google provides tools such as Google Analytics, Google Ads, and Google Tag Manager for businesses to track and evaluate the effectiveness of their advertising campaigns.
- Intense competition: Search ads compete with each other to appear in the top positions of the search engine results page, which can increase advertising costs and reduce the visibility of a business’s ads.
- Low click-through rate: The click-through rate (CTR) of search ads is usually lower than that of display ads because users often pay less attention to search ads.
- Limited page coverage: Search ads only appear in a few top positions on the search engine results page, so they don’t cover the entire page.
Display ads are a type of advertisement that appears on websites, web pages, blogs, mobile devices, mobile applications, etc. Display ads can be in the form of images, videos, text, dynamic ads, etc.
Some advantages of Display Ads on the Google platform include:
- Broad reach: The Google Display Network is one of the largest advertising networks in the world, with over 2 million websites worldwide. Therefore, display ads on Google can achieve broad reach and access to many potential customers.
- Audience targeting: The Google Display Network provides various audience targeting features such as geographic targeting, age, gender, interests, browsing behavior, and many other factors, helping display ads reach the right target audience.
- High interactivity: Display ads on Google usually have higher interactivity compared to other ad formats such as search ads. Therefore, they can help increase interaction, website traffic, conversion rates, and sales.
- Customization: Display ads on Google allow flexible customization of images, text, ad sizes, and formats to fit the needs and goals of a business.
Some disadvantages of Display Ads on the Google platform include:
- Possibility of ad blocking: Some users use ad-blocking software to eliminate annoying ads. Therefore, display ads may not be visible to some potential customers.
- Possibility of confusion: Display ads may be confused with the main content on web pages, which can reduce customer awareness of the advertising message.
- Ad design requirements: Display ads need to meet the size and format requirements of Google, which may require additional investment in ad design.
- Accuracy of audience targeting: Although Google provides various audience targeting features, the accuracy of targeting may not always be high, resulting in displaying ads to irrelevant or uninterested audiences for a business’s products or services.
- Competition with other ads: On each web page, multiple ads compete to appear in the same position, which can reduce customer awareness of a business’s ads.
Video ads are a form of advertising that appears on the YouTube platform, typically running before or during the videos that users are watching.
Video ads, also known as Video Ads, are a type of advertising on the Google platform that allows businesses to display their ads on videos on YouTube or Google’s partner websites. Here are some advantages and disadvantages of video advertising on the Google platform:
- High effectiveness: Video ads can generate high interaction and impressions with potential customers, thereby increasing the conversion rate.
- Precise targeting: Businesses can select their target audience based on age, gender, interests, or geographical location to display ads to the right target audience.
- Brand awareness: Video ads can help businesses create brand awareness and increase the recognition of their products or services in the market.
- Effectiveness measurement: Google provides advertising effectiveness measurement tools such as Google Analytics, Google Ads, and Google Tag Manager for businesses to track and evaluate the effectiveness of their advertising campaigns.
- Expensive cost: Video ads may require larger investments compared to other forms of advertising, especially for small or medium-sized businesses.
- Ad blocking capability: Users can use ad-blocking tools or skip ads, reducing the visibility and interaction of the ads.
- Incomplete effectiveness measurement: Not all customers will interact or convert after viewing video ads, making it difficult for businesses to measure the complete effectiveness of the advertising campaign.
- Competition with other videos: Video ads compete with other videos on YouTube or Google’s partner websites to attract customer attention, which may reduce the visibility of businesses’ ads.
- Potential misinformation dissemination: Since video ads can attract many views and interactions, if the information in the video is not carefully verified or is inaccurate, it can lead to the dissemination of misleading information to customers, affecting the credibility of the business.
- Short interaction span: Video ads can range from a few seconds to a few minutes, but customers may skip the ad after a few seconds or not interact if the ad is not compelling enough to capture their attention.
- High expertise required: Video ads require high expertise in design, production, and promotion. Therefore, if a business does not have an expert team or the budget to invest in video advertising, they may face difficulties in creating a quality and effective video ad.
In summary, video ads on the Google platform have their own advantages and disadvantages. Businesses need to carefully evaluate these factors to make informed decisions in choosing the appropriate advertising format for their marketing strategy.
Google Shopping Ads are a type of advertising that appears when users search for products on Google. Shopping ads typically display product images, prices, and product reviews.
Introduced in 2012, Google Shopping Ads is an online advertising format that allows businesses to display their products on Google’s search results page. It is an effective tool that helps businesses increase their chances of reaching potential customers, enhance brand awareness, and boost sales.
Advantages of Google Shopping Ads:
- High effectiveness: Google Shopping Ads display businesses’ product information along with images, prices, and related product details directly on Google’s search results page. Therefore, it is an effective means of reaching potential customers and significantly increasing sales.
- High customization capabilities: Businesses can customize and filter the products they want to advertise, set prices, and display product information that matches the needs of their target audience. Additionally, businesses can set advertising goals to ensure the most efficient use of advertising costs.
- Effectiveness measurement: Google Shopping provides advertising effectiveness measurement tools that help businesses track the number of clicks on ads, ad impressions, purchase frequency, and other valuable information. This enables businesses to evaluate the effectiveness of their advertising campaigns and optimize them for the best results.
However, Google Shopping Ads also have some disadvantages, such as:
- Frequent optimization requirements: Businesses need to regularly update product information, especially prices, to ensure accurate and comprehensive product details. Additionally, businesses need to optimize advertising campaigns regularly to achieve the best results.
- High cost: Google Shopping Ads have higher costs compared to other advertising formats on Google. This can pose challenges for small and newly established businesses that want to use this tool to promote their products.
- Requires high expertise: Setting up and managing an effective Google Shopping Ads campaign requires a high level of expertise in online advertising and SEO. Businesses need to have a clear understanding of methods and strategies for advertising on Google Shopping to use this tool effectively.
- Product quantity limitations: Google Shopping Ads have limitations on the number of products displayed on Google’s search results page. This can affect a business’s ability to promote their products, especially if the business has a large and diverse product catalog.
In summary, Google Shopping Ads are a highly effective online advertising tool for businesses looking to increase their chances of reaching potential customers and boosting sales. However, to use this tool effectively, businesses need to have a clear understanding of methods and strategies for advertising on Google Shopping, regularly update product information, and optimize advertising campaigns frequently to achieve the best results.
Remarketing Ads (Google Ads Remarketing) is a form of advertising that appears on websites or apps that users have previously visited. Remarketing ads are created to promote products or services to users who have previously visited a business’s website.
Remarketing Ads is an online advertising method that allows businesses to display ads to users who have previously visited their website but have not made a purchase or performed other desired actions. Below are the advantages and disadvantages of Remarketing Ads:
- Increased conversion potential: Remarketing Ads help businesses increase conversion potential by displaying ads to users who have previously visited their website. This increases the chances of potential customers returning to the website and making a purchase or taking other desired actions.
- Increased interaction: Remarketing Ads help increase interaction between businesses and potential customers. This type of advertising allows businesses to engage with users who are interested in their products or services, resulting in more effective reach compared to other online advertising formats.
- Reduced advertising costs: Remarketing Ads can reduce advertising costs for businesses. Since these ads are only shown to users who have previously visited the business’s website, the advertising costs are lower compared to displaying ads to new users.
- Potential for brand recognition: Displaying ads to users who have previously visited a business’s website can help increase brand recognition and create better brand recall in the minds of customers.
- Positive impact on advertising costs: Remarketing Ads can help reduce advertising costs compared to other advertising formats because these ads are only shown to users who have shown interest in the business’s products or services, resulting in higher conversion rates and lower costs.
- Limited reach: Remarketing Ads only display ads to users who have previously visited the business’s website. As a result, the ability to reach new customers is limited, which can make it challenging for businesses to find new customers.
- Potential for ad fatigue: If used excessively, Remarketing Ads can lead to ad fatigue for users, causing them to feel annoyed and reject making a purchase or taking other desired actions from the business.
- Requires skills and knowledge: Remarketing Ads require businesses to have the knowledge and skills to set up and manage effective advertising campaigns. If not set up and managed properly, Remarketing Ads may not achieve the expected results and can be costly. Therefore, businesses need to ensure they have an experienced team of experts or advertising partners who can set up and manage Remarketing Ads campaigns to achieve the best results.
- Requires complete and accurate data: Remarketing Ads require complete and accurate user data to display ads with the right purpose and target audience. Insufficient or inaccurate data can result in Remarketing Ads not achieving the expected results and potentially wasting advertising costs.
Requires continuous updates: Remarketing Ads require continuous updates to ensure ads are always aligned with user needs and consumer habits. Businesses need to regularly monitor and adjust their Remarketing Ads campaigns to achieve the highest effectiveness and optimize advertising costs.
This is a type of advertising that appears when users search for specific services or products in a particular location. Local ads typically display information such as the business’s address, phone number, and website.
The advantages of Local Ads are:
- Access to local target customers: Local Ads allow businesses to reach and target local customers, increasing the opportunity to reach potential customers in the local area.
- Cost-effectiveness: Local Ads often have lower costs compared to other advertising formats such as search ads or ads on large websites.
- Easy campaign management: Businesses can easily manage local advertising campaigns on the Google Ads platform and can adjust and change advertising strategies to optimize campaign effectiveness.
- Accurate geographic targeting: With Google’s geolocation feature, local ads allow businesses to target the right audience in specific areas, increasing the chance to attract local customers to their stores or offices.
However, Local Ads also have some disadvantages:
- Limited reach to target customers: Local Ads can only reach customers in the chosen local area, which means there is a limitation in reaching the target customer base compared to other advertising formats.
- Intense competition: Due to the localized nature of local advertising, multiple businesses operating in the same area will compete with each other to attract customers. This requires businesses to create quality and appealing advertising content to capture the attention of customers.
Mobile App Ads
Mobile App Ads are a form of advertising that appears within mobile applications. They can be displayed as banners, videos, or interactive ads.
Advantages of Mobile App Ads:
- Targeted audience reach: With the increasing number of mobile users, Mobile App Ads help you easily and effectively reach your target audience.
- Interactive capabilities: Mobile App Ads can incorporate interactive features such as touch-to-play videos, swipe and tap, provide choices, ratings, etc. These features enhance the user experience and reduce bounce rates.
- Trackable effectiveness: Mobile App Ads can be clearly tracked, allowing you to evaluate the effectiveness of your advertising campaigns.
Disadvantages of Mobile App Ads:
- Screen size limitations: The small screen size of mobile devices can decrease the effectiveness of ads compared to ads on computers.
- Ad optimization: Since mobile apps come in various types and formats, optimizing ads across all apps can be a challenge for advertisers.
Google Maps Ads
Google Maps Ads are a form of advertising that appears within the Google Maps application. Google Maps Ads typically display business information, business locations on the map, contact phone numbers, and customer reviews of the business.
Advantages of Google Maps Ads:
- High accuracy: Google Maps uses GPS positioning, providing precise location information for customers. Therefore, Google Maps Ads can deliver product information to potential customers at the right time and place, increasing conversion opportunities.
- Audience reach: Google Maps is widely used on mobile devices, so advertising on Google Maps can reach your target audience anywhere, anytime.
High interactivity: Google Maps Ads have high interactivity, allowing users to click on ads to learn more about products or services.
Disadvantages of Google Maps Ads:
- Intense competition: With the development of advertising technologies, especially geolocation-based advertising, competition among businesses on Google Maps has become fiercer than ever.
- Potential visibility issues: If users are using offline maps or other navigation apps, Google Maps Ads may not be displayed.
- Higher costs: Advertising costs on Google Maps are usually higher than other traditional advertising formats, requiring a larger advertising budget.
Smart Campaigns Advertising
This is the latest form of Google Ads designed to help small and medium-sized businesses easily promote their products and services on Google. Smart Campaigns advertising uses artificial intelligence to optimize a business’s advertising campaigns.
Smart Campaigns advertising is an automated advertising service on Google Ads designed to help small and medium-sized businesses easily promote their products and services on the Google platform. Here are the advantages and disadvantages of Smart Campaigns advertising:
Advantages of Smart Campaigns Advertising:
- Complete automation: Smart Campaigns advertising is designed to operate fully automatically, so you don’t need to spend time managing your advertising campaigns.
- Ease of use: Smart Campaigns are very user-friendly, especially for small and medium-sized businesses with little experience in online advertising.
- Lower cost: Smart Campaigns have lower costs compared to other advertising services on Google Ads, making them suitable for businesses with limited advertising budgets.
- Geographical targeting: Smart Campaigns use geolocation to deliver your ads to the nearest potential customers.
Disadvantages of Smart Campaigns Advertising:
- Limited customization: Since Smart Campaigns are fully automated, you won’t have the ability to customize advertising elements such as keywords, headlines, and ad text.
- Lower effectiveness: Since Smart Campaigns advertising is fully automated, the effectiveness of the campaign may not be as high as other advertising services on Google Ads.
- Limited features: Smart Campaigns have limited features compared to other advertising services on Google Ads, making them less suitable for businesses that want more customization.
- Not suitable for certain industries: Since Smart Campaigns are fully automated, they may not be suitable for complex industries or products and services with specific characteristics.
Google Ads Advertising Deployment Plan
To plan the deployment of Google Ads advertising for VSM clients, follow these steps:
Step 1: Understand the client (1 day)
- Learn about the target customers, especially the customer segments they want to reach.
- Identify the client’s goals, such as increasing sales, increasing website traffic, enhancing brand awareness, etc.
Step 2: Find relevant keywords (1 day)
- Use tools like Google Keyword Planner to search for keywords related to the client’s products or services.
- Select keywords that are relevant to the client’s products or services and goals.
Step 3: Set up Google Ads campaigns (1 day)
- Identify the type of advertising and ad format, such as search ads, display ads, or video ads.
- Set up advertising campaigns, define objectives for each campaign, and set advertising budgets.
Step 4: Create ad content (1 day)
- Create compelling and attention-grabbing ad content.
- Include target keywords in the ad content to increase the likelihood of ad display when users search for those keywords.
Step 5: Monitor and evaluate results (ongoing)
- Track the effectiveness of advertising campaigns using tools like Google Analytics and Google Ads.
- Evaluate the results of the campaigns and adjust the client’s advertising campaigns to optimize effectiveness.
The time to create one advertising campaign for VSM is within 3-4 working days, including the steps mentioned above. Note that if the client uses other forms of display network advertising, VSM will need the client to provide complete content (content, videos, images, etc.) before starting the advertising campaign.